they say there are, at most, 6 degrees of seperation between any two people on the earth. at tufts, that number seems to dwindle to at most, 2 degrees of seperation. so my classmates and I, through all of our various connections, should be able to reach and influence every person at tufts multiple times over.
so now, without further ado, my connections:
TWO support staff/leaders
this is probably my best connection for gaining support any sort of environmental cause. for those not in the know, TWO is tufts wilderness orientation, and even though the program officially ended when school started, we get together to dinner every week and have an overly active e-list which can be used to effectively mobilize 40 support staffers and with a little more effort 50 leaders who already are receptive to environmental causes. plus we're a high spirited bunch, which could be great help to publicize an issue.
tmc (tufts mountain club)
one of the largest clubs on campus, tmc has enough manpower to make any environmental effort at least more sucessful, and has supported some of tufts' previous environmental efforts
frisbee
frisbee and the environmental clubs on campus have always had an overlap, but not everyone that plays frisbee is that way. so I think this is a good connection in that I know there will be some initial support for whatever project we choose, and that will help sway the opinion of the rest of the team. plus i'm good friends with the majority of these girls, so I know they would listen to what I had to say.
gospel choir
a bit of a stretch (as the choir is so large, I certainly don't know everyone), but we always have weekly announcements as a part of this 250 person choir, and so I could at least use this connection to educate people about an issue or upcoming event (but I have no idea how many would actually listen or come)
stomp
this is where I work, we teach engineering concepts to grade school kids. not only could I influence my coworkers, but we also teach environmental engineering as part of our cirriculum, so I could influence the kids in that way as well.
hallmates
it's hard to ignore someone when they live right next door to you. I could use this connection to educate my floor about any project that we are working on, although I have no idea if they would actually follow or care about it. but I hope so!
so it's pretty clear to me that we could influence most everyone to at least know about and probably support any project we pick. now for the hard part...picking what we want to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment