Thursday, October 15, 2009
Blog Action Day 2009
A couple weeks ago, in my environmental biology class, we were asked to split into groups and write about an important environmental issue. "Well, we could write about the one that's obviously most pressing at the moment, climate change," I suggested. "I think that's a little too controversial," said a fellow group member, "and besides, we're at the end of a global cooling cycle, starting a global warming cycle. It's natural. I don't really believe in this whole 'climate change' thing."
WHAT? Since I spent my summer learning about this subject, I immediately went on the offensive, which in retrospect, probably wasn't the most effective thing to do.
So what can you do to educate people about climate change and influence politicians to make the right decisions in Copenhagen this December? October 24 is 350 day (named for the amount of carbon in the atmosphere scientists think can exist without serious consequences) and there are events worldwide. Check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment