finally, we are taking some action! updates on how the various projects are going:
trayless campaign:
Honestly, I'm not really sure if this is going to ever come to fruition (there are a lot of barriers), but it's exciting to try. I volunteered to organize the facebook group (our generation's version of a petition) along with Jess, and after a few technical difficulties, it is really getting rolling! As of right now (12:50 am, aka so past my bedtime!) there are 558 Tufts students who have clicked "attending", signifying (in theory) that they will try going trayless and support the effort to get trays removed from the dining halls. I'm pleasantly surprised with how many people have shown some measure of support and how quickly the event has spread. However, facebook support rarely translates into real action. I spotted a friend who told me how much she loved my group in the dining hall using a tray not two hours after she had talked to me. I asked her about it, though, maybe provoking some cognitive dissonance...
eco-symposium:
I'm part of the moderators group, which doesn't have too much prep, but will hopefully have a lot of stuff to do on the day of the symposium. We met with Ale, the tisch scholar who is helping us with this project, and it got me really excited for the symposium! Perhaps the other groups can share what they have been working on in class tomorrow?
and now it really is my bedtime. I have to be well rested for an "action" packed monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment